GUE Recreational Diver 3
What is GUE Recreational Diver 3?
The GUE Rec 3 course introduces divers to planned decompression diving within the recreational depth range.
This course is a limited decompression course focusing on the theory and practice of decompression, the use of double back-gas cylinders,correct ascent procedures, the use of Nitrox for decompression, the use of Helium enriched breathing mixtures (30/30 and 21/35) to minimize narcosis, CO2, gas density and post-dive "nitrogen stress", and the use of a single decompression cylinder for stage decompression techniques.
The course includes 5 days of training.
- Over 40+ hours of instruction
- Instructor lead lectures
- Land drills for all key skills
- Minimum of 8 dives
Applicants for a Recreational Diver 3 course must:
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Hold insurance that will cover diving emergencies
- Be a nonsmoker.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Have passed the GUE Recreational Level 2 Diver course or a GUE Fundamentals Course at the "recreational" level.
- Have completed the GUE Doubles Primer course or be proficient in doubles with at least 25 experience dives.
- Have completed at least 75 non-training dives and have at least 25 logged dives beyond GUE Recreational Level 2 Diver or GUE Fundamentals certification