GUE Recreational Diver 2
What is GUE Recreational Diver 2?
The GUE Rec 2 course provides the knowledge and tools for divers to prepare for deeper recreational diving.
This course introduces the theory and practice of decompression, safe use of Nitrox and Triox for extended bottom times, correct ascent procedures, diver rescue, emergency management and the use of Helium to minimize narcosis, CO2, gas density and post-dive "nitrogen stress".
The course includes 5 days of training.
- Over 40+ hours of instruction
- Instructor lead lectures
- Land drills for all key skills
- Minimum of 11 dives
Applicants for a Recreational Diver 2 course must:
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Hold insurance that will cover diving emergencies
- Be a nonsmoker.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Have passed the GUE Recreational Level 1 Diver course or a GUE Fundamentals Course at the "recreational" level.
- Have completed at least 25 non-training dives beyond GUE Recreational Level 1 Diver or GUE Fundamentals certification