GUE Recreational Diver 1
What is GUE Recreational Diver 1?
The GUE Rec 1 course is GUE's open water program. This program goes above and beyond the overcommercialised learn to dive programs that most people are familiar with. It is geared towards people who have never dived before or for those who would have already been diving but would like to learn to dive properly.
This course is designed to provide non-divers with the knowledge, skills and experience to enable them to dive with divers who hold equal or greater levels of certification using nitrox 32 or air within minimum decompression limits.
The course includes 5 days of training.
- Over 40+ hours of instruction
- Instructor lead lectures
- Land drills for all key skills
- Minimum of 10 confined water sessions
- Minimum of 6 open water sessions
Applicants for a Recreational Diver 1 course must:
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Hold insurance that will cover diving emergencies
- Be a nonsmoker.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be a minimum of 14 years of age.